Create Design Files of the Most Intricate Parts
Using its robust 3-dimensional scanning technology, Touchstone Measurement offers reverse-engineering capabilities that allow for the deconstruction and analysis of an existing part—even one of considerable dimensional complexity.
Reverse engineering is a service that can save the day when you need to:
- Produce a scanned solids model of an existing part for the purpose of CNC machining duplicate parts.
- Recreate lost prints of an existing part for design analysis and alteration or improvement.
Solve Problems With Remarkable EfficiencyUsing the most sophisticated equipment—capable of reproducing a physical part in CAD with an accuracy of ± 0.0002”—Touchstone Measurement can deploy reverse engineering to significantly reduce labor, prototyping and other costs associated with original design-engineering processes.
Applications & Results
Touchstone Measurement can provide a timely, cost-effective answer to meet your needs, no matter where you might be in your production process. Services include the ability to:
- Scan sample part profiles or surfaces.
- Convert scans into CAD point clouds, surfaces or solids models.
- Create production or assembly prints of sample parts.
Reverse Engineering Process
Contingent on your application, Touchstone is equipped to handle every phase of the process, including:
- Disassembly into component parts
- Measurement—complete with 3D data
- Analysis and diagramming
- Scanning to produce point clouds, solids models, production & assembly prints or scanned surfaces
Touchstone can provide CAD files exported into a wide range of file formats.